The Sandle Cool
Natural Skin Care Recipes –Sandlewood Face Mask
Exotic sandlewood has been one of the well kept beauty secrets of India.
The sandle varieties have been used for skin care treatments, face mask recipes, makeup and medicinal values.
- Take about 2 tablespoons of sandle (Sandlewood powder).
- Mix it with water to make a thin paste.
- Apply it evenly over the face, neck, and décolleté avoiding the eyes.
- Leave it on for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Rinse with tepid water.
*Good quality powder can be purchased in herbal storesThank you for sharing Sivalingam ! Editors Comment-
Sandlewood Benefits Sandlewood powder has many skin care benefits when used externally-
All skin types will benefit from natural sandalwood to beautify and provide a glow to the skin
- When applied as a paste it has a calming, cooling effect on the body and mind. The aroma of sandalwood has a sedative effect, soothing stress and tension.
- It cleanses, conditions the skin, hydrates, and leaves it moisturized benefiting dry skin and helping to ward off premature wrinkling.
- It helps relieve and cool fever and minor burns, and helps control excessive sweating.
- When used as a face pack the paste can help heal skin eruptions such as infectious sores, ulcers, stings, acne* and rashes.
*Night-time Zit Treatment-
This easy bed-time skin care paste for the treatment of acne pimples, and blackheads is simple and effective.
Make a paste of 1 teaspoon sandlewood powder with 1 teaspoon of turmeric. Blend in about 1 teaspoon water to make a paste. Add this to blemishes and let it work over nite.
* Pure rose water can be substituted to make the paste.
- This powder treatment can be used to soothe sensitive skin, eczema, psoriasis, etc. It will help the itching and burning sensation.
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to All natural skin care recipes.