Vitamin C Facial Scrub
Natural Skin Care Recipes - Vitamin C For Skin
Place sugar in a bowl and stir in olive oil. Slowly add enough citrus juice to make a paste with the consistency of cake batter, but without over-stirring.
- 3 Tablespoons of sugar
- 1 Tablespoon of olive oil
- Juice from 1 medium citrus fruit - orange, lemon, or lime
Apply to dry face and massage in gentle circular motions, avoiding the eyes. Rinse well with warm water.Thank you for sharing Carli!Editors comment-
Citrus Fruits Are Very Rich In Vitamin C
Vitamin C in fresh citrus fruit can benefit the skin topically in a number of ways:
- The astringent properties help with curing and controlling oily skin blemishes and treating acne.
- Vitamin C also inhibits the formation of concentrations of melanin, the cause of blotchy pigmentation problems, age spots, and freckles.
- Vitamin C helps assist the skin in the production of collagen protein, which helps our skin maintain its firmness. Exfoliation also encourages your skin to produce more collagen.
- Topical application of vitamin C has also shown to prevent free radical skin damage. This potent antioxidant is capable of preventing the effects of aging on skin such as wrinkles and fine lines and possibly even reversing sun damaged skin.
- Citrus fruits stimulates the cellular metabolism and rejuvenates the skin.
For a variation to use this facial scrub as a body scrub you may want to try substituting regular white sugar for Muscovado sugar. This type of unrefined brown sugar is slightly coarser and stickier with a strong molasses flavour.Vitamin C Benefits
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to All natural skin care recipes.